Saturday, February 26, 2011

Camellia Tea Room

Ava and I enjoyed a beautiful day today with my mom in Benicia. Her birthday was last week but she was busy with some classes she was taking. So we celebrated today. It was a bit chilly, but sunny and gorgeous. My mom and I love Benicia. So quaint with fun antique and vintage shops. We got there a little early and enjoyed coffee and hot chocolate at a little cafe to warm us up before shopping.
Mimi and Ava.

After shopping we had a 12:30 reservation at the Camellia Tea Room. We kept it a secret for Ava. She loves her tea and is acquiring quit the tea set collection. She was so surprised when she realized where she was.

She ordered Raspberry Tea that was brought to her in her own tea pot.

Yummy!!

My mom and I had Creme Brulee. I am still thinking about it. To die for. We added a little cream and homemade sugar cubes. It was delicious. The tea leaves were steeped, which I have never had tea that way. A total treat!

Ava was served PB&J with orange slices and little a Petit Four garnished with a sweet little rose bud.
My mom had a delicious Cashew Chicken Salad and I had a Artichoke Chicken Salad Sandwich.

Thanks mom! It was such a special day. One Ava and I will be remember for always. We love you!