Monday, March 14, 2011

Glossy Cupcake Frosting

Before I get around to sharing our camping photos from this weekend (which we always have a blast, but this was by far one for the books) I wanted to post the frosting recipe I used for the birthday/anniversary cupcakes.
You will need:
1 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Water
1/4 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
2 Egg Whites
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Step 1: In a medium mixing bowl whip (with hand mixer) together 2 egg whites and vanilla until soft peeks form.
Step 2: In a small saucepan stir together sugar, water and cream of tartar on medium high. Stir continuously until sugar is dissolved and mix is bubbly.
Step 3: Gradually pour sugar mixture (while mixing with hand mixer) into whipped egg whites until soft peeks form. Be patient this can take between 7-10 minutes. I went the full 10 minutes!
You're ready to frost!
I used a piping bag, it went faster and cleaner!

No comments: