Friday, August 17, 2012

Colin's 8th Birthday

Colin turned 8 on 8-8.  It was a Wednesday, so Max and I still had work.  We managed to make it a fun day for him.  The morning started off with his favorite...smoothies at Jamba Juice.  From there we headed to Napa.  He decided on Scientopia.  This place has a little of everything for the kids.
Hands-on exploration, making ramps, 
castles 
construction, 
and budding restaurateurs.  
We took a break, picked up some lunch and enjoyed a picnic outside at Max's work.  Earlier in the week Max shopped for Colin's gift.  I decided to give it to him at lunch.  He was so excited. 
Just in time for Fall Ball. New bag, bat and Dri-fit padded chest shirt.
I surprised him by meeting Papa Jim and Lupe at the Oxbow Market for ice cream.  Thanks to them both, it was a yummy treat. After ice cream we head back to Scientopia for a bit more fun.  I had to hurry home as baking two dozen baseball cupcakes was on my agenda.  Colin had a game that night, so we celebrated with his team mates.
The next day I arranged a belated swim date with his buddy Evan.  It was so hot that swimming was a must. I can't believe this little tiny, 6 lb. 15oz. bundle of pure joy is now 8 years old and starting 3rd grade.  He is bigger, but still my bundle of pure joy. 
Happy Birthday Colin!
We love you!

No comments: