Monday, November 5, 2012

Volunteer Day

I had an opportunity to volunteer in Luke and Ava's Classroom during the morning
before heading out with Colin on his school field trip to the Yolo County Basin, Wildlife Reserve. 
PG & E turned off our power for the day so I was forced to close child care.  I definitely made the best of the situation and had a great day with my kids. 
Luke and Ava are so blessed with a wonderful teacher and a great group of fellow Kindergartners. 
They are both doing their best and it is showing. 
The Wildlife Reserve was a beautiful way to end my day. 
I look forward to taking Luke and Ava back with us on another visit.   
Each child and parent were given a pair of binoculars and each parent guide received a two way radio that allowed us to hear a Reserve Guide explain what were looking at, what the land is used for and ways to look for clues of what animals inhabit the area.  The kids tried really hard to find the Beaver...no luck though.

No comments: