Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Storage...

So, I have a thing for displaying everyday items in unexpected ways. I have a love for totes, baskets, pails, tins, buckets, old jars and bottles. I love anything vintage, antique, old, aged and mid-century modern.
I had the above old miniature stove that I found in Max's grandparents barn several years ago when they were having an estate sale.
It has been in with all my outdoor yard gadgets, pots and pails.
As I was preparing for taxes yesterday (yuck) and cleaning out my lil' office space I had an ooh and an ah-ha moment of what to do with my treasure. I brought it in and cleaned off the cob webs and leaves then turned it into a little caddy to hold my pens, stapler and scissors. It is rod-iron, old and rusty...I love it's charm.
I new it was special when I brought it home, but wasn't sure what it's little future would be. It was with my gardening goodies because I was thinking I would plant herbs in it. That never happened. I love it's new purpose and it sits somewhere that I see and use all day!
I giggle when I look at it because I never noticed until cleaning it that the front reads "Eager Beaver." I don't know why that makes me smile, it just does.

No comments: