Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yarn Hearts

I found this idea on a blog I like called Family Chic (her link is on the right column). Hand made Yarn Hearts to decorate small areas in your home or give as a gift. Hang them from a chandelier in your kitchen, a pot rack or in the window suspended from your curtain rod. Tuck them into a potted plant or make several and display in a beautiful glass bowl.

Family Chic gives more detailed directions than I am. Just cut your floral wire to a desired length and shape like a heart. Start wrapping your yarn looping twice to secure and take it any direction that pleases you. Wrap a little or a lot then, tie off and display.
Write a little Valentine message and tuck it in.
I decided what sweet and simple little gifts these would make for the kids teachers. Simple, Heartfelt and festive!
Try it and have fun. Once I have made a half dozen or so I will display and share what little part of our home we added some love to. The kitchen is the heart and hub of our home so that is probably where they will end up.



No comments: