Friday, February 4, 2011

Love note from Colin!

Colin was having an emotional and rough afternoon the other day. I was trying my best to just give him his space and let him snap out of it. His snottiness unfortunately didn't stop and got his Lego's taken away and was not happy with me at all. I came into the play room and he had written on the easel "I don't like you."
I just told him I was sorry to hear that and if his attitude would turn around we wouldn't be in this battle right now. He retreated to his bedroom and about a half hour later he peeked out his door and called my name. He said he had something to show me. This is what he did. The little person in the corner was later added by Luke (it's me, he said). He apologized and gave me a hug. I was glad to see that he realized on his own that his behavior was unpleasant and an apology of sorts was in order. Days like that happen to all of us you just don't have to take it out on others.

No comments: