Friday, February 4, 2011

Organizing Trailer...

After our camping trip last weekend the trailer came home more dirty then ever. With all the dirt and mud, it was in need of a major cleaning. We kept it home an extra two days for me to deep clean. I believe an organized and clutter free home make life run more smoothly when everything has a place. I decided it was time for the trailer to get a mini organization makeover and add a bit of color.
The color pallet is basic browns and beige. Which I like because it's neutral. I love turquoise and bought all new towels for the trailer. We have a good sized closet in the bathroom where all the kids clothes, shoes, hats, etc.. belong. I measured the closet space and decided to use these plastic storage drawer systems for all the loose small stuff (socks, underwear, hats, gloves, pajamas, swim suits, etc.. Having this system at the bottom allows the top half to hang all their clothes and jackets.

Then I took out my labeler and labeled each drawer with their names so they know where their stuff is. I did this to both units.
My organizing dilemma now is to find a hamper system (that isn't bulky). Right now they just drop their clothes in the tub (when it's not in use) which means I have to pull it all out when we do need it and then put it back again (what a pain). I'll keep my eyes open for something before we go camping next time.

I don't like things loosely stored in the medicine cabinet, because while we are driving things shift and it's always a mess. I already had all these containers in the house and they weren't being used. A little chalkboard paint on the tin cups and with our names they now hold tooth brushes and paste. The beachy tins hold soap, deodorant, lotions, etc.. It's a pain to hall these little items in and out of the house every time you camp, so it makes sense to buy extras for the trailer. It saves me time when packing. Line the shelves with a rubber grip pad for the tins to sit on and they don't slide around.

I found these two little turquoise beauties at a rummage sale. One to hold silver ware and napkins (easy to carry in and out and napkins won't fly away) the other sits on the counter next the sink for dish washing supplies.
I didn't take a picture of it but Max and I got a flat screen for the trailer several months back and he mounted it to the wall which freed up another cabinet for more storage. When your camping storage is a huge plus. The less I have to pack each time the better.

No comments: