Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lady Bug Tea

Ava and I were invited again this year by my Grandma to the Saturday Club's, Lady Bug Tea.  I extended the invitation to have my cousin Sally and her daughter Madeline and my friend Dana and her daughters, Kaitlyn and Teagan join us.  It was a gorgeous, sunny afternoon!
Madeline, Ava, Kaitlyn and Teagan anxiously waiting for the doors to open. 
The tables were decorated with Black and Red linens with Lady Bug accents. 
The yummy desserts
and 
finger sandwiches were delish.  Scones with lemon curd and a wide selection of herbal teas, coffee and lemonade were served. 
Group photos were taken to mark the occasion.  The company was wonderful and the girls were so sweet.  Ava won a precious tea pot treasure box and a ladybug pendant (grandma won), that Ava gave to her friend Teagan.  Sooo sweet, I was very proud of her for sharing.  At each place setting we were given ladybug pins which later the girls also received matching necklaces.   
After the tea Ava and I headed home to change our clothes and help Max pack for an overnight camping/dirt bike trip.  He is racing early Sunday morning in the Bearfoot Family Enduro.  The kids and I had a super fun time at Kidz Gone Wild for our little Zoe's 2nd Birthday Party. They bounced, they ate pizza and had cake. As we were leaving, the parking lot was not well lit.  Ava tripped over a curb that she didn't see and hit her nose and forehead on a cinder block raised flower bed (that I didn't even notice at first glance).  The poor thing was bleeding from her nose pretty bad, so we headed back inside with a few of my friends to help clean her up before we headed home.  After a warm bath and Tylenol,
the kids piled into my bed for a slumber party since daddy was gone and it made me feel better being close to Ava.  She was really having difficulty breathing (her nose was stuffed up and a bit swollen).
I hope she's not to black and blue in the morning.
Meeko, Shamrock, Luke, Ava, and Colin all snuggled up with every blanket they own.  It was a beautiful day, my heart aches that Ava got hurt. Not the ending to the day we wanted.  But I am now surrounded by three sweet, slumbering angels...my cup runneth over!

No comments: