Monday, February 13, 2012

Our LOVE Bugs!

Our LOVE Bugs enjoyed getting their Valentine's ready for their parties at school this week.  It was so sweet watching them all sign their names to each and every card without my help.
I assisted in the assembly but that was it. 
The boys picked little packages of Valentine Candy Corn.  We used my paper cutter to cut little red tags to attach and write their message and names. 
Ava completed hers after the boys were done.  She chose individually wrapped heart shaped Resses.  We cut purple and red paper, attached two candies and wrote the message "We are two of a kind." 
Ava decided to decorate her cards with little puffy hearts. 
They all turned out really cute.  It's always fun to make our own Valentine's.
While the kids and I were busy creating cards for their friends, My LOVE Bug was busy in the kitchen creating our favorites for dinner made with love.
He made the best ever fried chicken and mashed potatoes. 
Then topped it off with a pineapple upside down cake.  While he was baking he looked over at me and said he wished his Grandma was here so she could show him how or better yet make one for us.  Her cakes were always from scratch and to die for.  I think he did a pretty great job and I loved the fact that he took the time to make a yummy dinner for all of us. 
Luke and Ava had their Valentine Party at school today.  They made headbands adorned with hearts, 
passed out their Valentine cards, made personal quesadillas for snack, 
played a Valentine BINGO game, read a Valentine book, sang songs, 
and participated in poems about LOVE! 
I was able to stay for the first half of their day before I headed out to pick up Colin and his friend Ty at school.

No comments: